When I saw these wee hats for the first time, immediately I thought that I have to do this for me- it's so sweet. Hats are quite easy and you can do with your kids.
To make a mini hat you need:
2. Toilet paper or paper towel tube
3. Measuring tape or ruler
- flatten your paper tube, measure sections that are 3 of an cm wide, and then cut,
- cut yarn, fold each piece in half and cut as many as you possibly can,
- slip the loop from one strand of yarn through a paper tube. Loop it around the two ends and pull tight,
- keep going all the way around the tube,
- now squish all those strands through the tube, have just formed the brim of the hat,
- using one of spare strands of yarn tie a double knot about an cm from the brim,
- trim the loose strands to form a puffball,
Done! Pretty cute, right?